- 1 Tips and trix for Room Display
- 2 Exchange
- 3 General
- 4 Google Calendar
Tips and trix for Room Display
This will contain tips and trix for fixing problems and good solutions for your implementation.
This section covers things concerned with Exchange/Outlook settings.
Exchange Web Service URL on Office 365
- EWS url for Office 365 is now more always the same: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
Setting fullaccess to a service account
To give the service account full access you need to access powershell on the exchange server. The command is the same for local and office 365 however there is different ways of reaching it.
- Start powershell and enter the following
- $Cred = Get-Credential
- $s = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $cred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection
- Import-PSSession $s
Just start the powershell on your exchange server
Add-MailboxPermission -Identity <room resource> -User <serviceaccount> -AccessRight FullAccess -InheritanceType All
Title field is the same as organizer
Per default on a room resource the title field is set to the same name as the organizer. You can change this behavior so that title is the actual title of the meeting instead of organizer.
- Access exchange powershell as on fullaccess screen above
- Enter the following command for chaining it
set-mailboxcalendarsettings -identity <room resource>-deletesubject $false -addorganizertosubject $false
Set-CalendarProcessing -identity <room resource> -AddOrganizerToSubject $false -DeleteSubject $false
General tips and trix
Keep Screen awake
To prevent your screen from shutting down you need to activate ‘Stay awake’.
- Android 2: Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay awake
- Android 3 and 4: Go to Settings -> System/Developer options -> Stay awake
Remove Settings/Mic icon from keyboard
You can remove the settings/mic keyboard from the keyboard by using Any Soft Keyboard that is modded by whatNapp. You can download it from here. Any Soft is also doing a lot of improvments so you can try their version too. You can find it on Google Play.
On Android 3 and 4 you have a menu bar at the bottom that is always showing. To remove this you need a rooted device and Full!screen. Install and activate.
NTP Time Sync
Do you have problem with that your device is getting out of sync. If you have rooted device you can install a app called NTP Timesync. This will check for time update every day and update your device. Download from Google Play or from their website.
This section covers problems that can happen with using Google Calendar
Calendar list is empty
First of you need to make sure you have added the calendar for syncing. In some cases there is no option to Sync calendar.
This is how you fix it:
- Find and download "CalendarGoogle.apk".
- Use "Root Explorer", navigate to "/system/app" folder.
- On the top right hand corner, change folder mount option from RO to RW.
- Paste "CalendarGoogle.apk" into the "/system/app" folder.
- Change apk permissions to match all other apps in this folder (rw-r–r–) >> Owner:RW, Group:R, Others:R
- On the top right hand corner, change folder mount option from RW to RO.
- Reboot tablet.